For the technician involved in the execution and (future) reproductions of this finish, it is "Finish code A D 39 6 3 4" which translates "Spray black, spray burgundy, Napa Red acrylic, Bronze Metallic, Royal Gold, and finally, Inca Gold"
Two ducks flying from the marsh at sunset inspired my original cast stone art sculpture for your garden or home. I enjoyed carving the details of feathers, cattails and reeds. This example was cast from the mold made from my original plaster bas relief carving. It is 8" square and weighs about 3 pounds.
Follow up, as I catch up making the molds for the last three completed models.
And the mold complete, next to the model
Another one with feathers to work with. Fanciful Flamingos took four days to carve. It is 8" x 8". The feathers act in some ways to constrain me, as I can't ignore them completely, so they form the framework for the fanciful embellishments, and limit the amount of contrast I could provide between smooth areas and embellished ones. So as a substitute, I used the necks to provide a different contrast of sorts, not one of smooth versus embellished, but using feathers as a framework on the bodies and freer expressions on the necks.
about day 3
waterfowl ducks until I come up with a better name--day 1
Don't know why I would continue posting pictures of reasonably large project items on day 1 or any early work, since they look so crappy at this stage. But of course the answer is contrast. Someone brilliant once said (no, I'm tired, I'm not going to google it up) light cannot shine save through the darkness it illuminates. So the completed item, with this theory, is that it will look so much better if I show you the contrast with early beginnings... so here's day 1. Don't say I didn't warn you.