New Sun and Moon
I've done a number of sun faces, from Twisty to Baby Steampunk Sunface and Minisun, moon faces, combinations like Brother Sun, Sister Moon, and variations called all sorts of eclipses, from the simple Eclipse to Eclectic Eclipse to Ecstatic Eclipse. And even that does not name all of them. So what happened? Did I feel I didn't have enough? Don't know, but here we go again! Relatively Gender unspecific so far, but this might be Brother Moon, Sister Sun. Stay tuned.
This is the first cast of SunMoon on August 4, 2013
This first cast is Metallic Pearl White over Aquamarine and Blue Topaz.
Day 3 Model Complete
End of day 2, July 2, 2013
Plaster Model at Day 1, June 28, 2013
February 8, 2012 I molded the new minisun onto the background of my large sunface, for this somewhat dazzling effect. This has a twelve inch diameter and weighs about ten pounds:
January 17, 2012. I started reworking my old Sunface in keeping with my newer style as it was evolving. Here was my old Sunface:
...and the new Sultry Sunface
The Sunface That Almost Did Me In
This was the theoretical shape made in Illustrator. The size is 12" diameter. Lesson yet to be learned: never underestimate pi.
At 28 hours
Done (!) at 92 hours. I never want to track my time again.
First casting in red